Monday, June 2, 2008

Tell us about any "Pomegranates" you're inclined to want to push...

In this week's Miracle Launcher, I invited you all to share where you find yourself inclined to "Push the Pomegranate" to make a project gestate faster than it naturally can. When you picture your project as a developing pomegranate (or whatever image you like best) in the natural world, what do you notice about the true time-line of your project? And as a developing pomegranate, what is your project needing right now in order to keep growing in its natural rhythm?

And of course feel free to ask any question at all about the "Pushing the Pomegranate" article this week.

Can't wait to see your posts- the more examples we see from each other, the more we'll be able to spot them for our selves...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhh. I have a big, bumpy, multi-seeded pomegranate right now. One of those projects that feels like it could explode open into a thousand tiny pieces if I don't get it all done...now. There are some hard deadlines, and...there are some self-imposed expectations of how I want it to be --which are the pomegranate seeds that have a tendency to burst in my fingers, tart, stained.

So, I think that I will work on what I know that I can do, ease up on the expectations, and trust that the event I am producing will be as successful as it needs to be.

The other thing that comes to mind in your Miracle Launcher today, Lisa, is that, with pomegranates, and in life, what can look hard, mottled and quite odd from the outside, is actually bursting with curiousity and a rich experience on the inside.

You've helped me to look at my project - filling an event with 100 amazing women this month -with a sense of anticipation and eagerness. Thank you for that!!

Stephanie

Lisa Hunter said...

Hey Stephanie,

You're welcome! I too am excited to see how your event goes :0) Your description of the self-imposed-expectation pomegranate seeds is so powerful. I can just see how a seed like that would result in stained fingers (especially from all the gripping) rather than an experience of a lovely burst of taste in the mouth.

Also, loving your observation about how something hard and mottled on the outside can be bursting with richness on the inside. After writing the article, I was compelled to learn more about any pomegranate symbolism out there, and discovered they have been a symbol of fertility and abundance throughout history! I think we go-getting ladies sometimes get caught in the experience of the hard, tough skin and get disconnected from all that luscious, gorgeous aliveness inside. Hmmm...another article you think?